Research and Marketing Internship
The Grayson Institute, LLC is a social enterprise aimed at improving public health through programs and initiatives that inform and inspire behavior change. Current focus is reducing the amount of sugar people eat, through courses, public speaking and events, and advocacy for pro-health policies. BreakingFreefromSugar.com, thegraysongroup.net.
Job Description: Research and Marketing Internship
This is a generalist position, serving the various needs of a research-based, public health social enterprise. Working remotely, successful candidate will work independently on projects with regular check-ins. Attention to detail, including academic citation protocols, is required. Creative approaches to problem solving and a flair for graphics are appreciated. Being a health geek/foodie is highly desirable. Work is anticipated through the fall, 2020, though could be ongoing and/or become a paid position.
Areas of work include:
- Research assistant
- Organize citations/references into a searchable database
- Review articles for appropriate citations (where needed)
- Stay on top of current research released in PubMed, specifically related to insulin, the microbiome, neurobiology and the gut, blood sugar and related topics
- Marketing assistant
- Help develop social strategy
- Social posting calendar
- Social posts, commenting, following, messaging
- Graphics for newsletter and social posts
- Jazz-up slides for presentations and webinars
- Recipe research
- Compile sugar-free recipes for themed round-ups
- Graphic layout for posting/links
Interested applicants are invited to forward a cover letter and resume to agrayson [at] uvm.edu with “intern application” in the subject line. Zoom interviews will take place as soon as possible.